The prevention of crime and the protection and advocacy for people of all ages, especially young people and those who disproportionately face injustice in society.
Spark2Life is a community-inspired black led initiative that empowers
and advocates for people by giving them the tools to successfully navigate key aspects of life to reduce and prevent the risk of offending.
Through therapeutic mentoring we guide, challenge and/or affirm people’s values, beliefs, behaviour, and reasoning – wholistically helping them develop their capacity to independently manage life successfully.
We partner with communities and professional networks to ensure young people get fair process and reasonable regard especially where systemic injustice is evident.
1) Hope– Through working together we aim to present SMART goals so those we support can reach and achieve what they do not have but need and want to become their best selves.
2) Transformation– Offer new perspectives of thinking that influences a person’s behaviour.
3) Love– to offer unconditional positive regard and to show the outworking of our love through acts of service especially for those deemed less deserving due to their offending history.
4) Justice– a wholistic person centred approach to justice. People may be dually convicted, but we need to make sure they are not un-fairly treated and sentenced.
5) Integrity- Our action must match our words and we must speak from a place of truth and honesty seasoned with love and compassion.
6) Forgiveness- Forgiveness can be hard to give and at times receive but carries so much power that when processed can lead to true freedom. If we want to receive forgiveness, we must learn to offer forgiveness.
7) Well-being- Looking after oneself is important and rest is a necessity. Self-awareness and finding a healthylife rhythm is key to physical, emotional, and mental well-being. We seek to foster an environment that is supportive, accountable, and honest with ourselves and one another. We can only give out of what we have.
8) Advocacy –We are committed to speaking up and standing up for those we represent and advocate for and with. We are passionate when it comes to fighting for racial and social justice to address issues of inequality and equity.